Im not good with words, but I'm great with pictures......

Tuesday 27 September 2016

PhoLAC / Photokina

I was thoroughly priviledged to join some of my idols in a light painting Photobox at this years Photokina in Cologne.  
PhoLAC was an event organised by German Light Painting legend Jan Leonardo to celebrate the art of light painting at one of the worlds biggest photography expo's.
Not only was there a fantastic Light Art exhibitions but also a 3 day conference with talks from some of the worlds best light painters.  The Photobox, organised by the wonderful Bernhard Rauscher, was located on the central avenue of the convention centre and invited members of the public to participate in some 'live light painting' as a way of introducing this form of photography to a wider audience.
To say I had fun would be an understatement.
Here's some of my favourites from the afternoon I spent in the box.











I was even lucky enough to get a portrait of me 
by Eric Paré and Kim Henry;



And by far my favourate part of the weekend was the PhoLAC afterfun on friday night where all us light crazy people got to hang out, eat, drink, be merry and of course play with light.

Huge thank you to all involved. 
See you next time. x


 

No comments:

Post a Comment